We’re here to share some simple "Do's" and "Don'ts" that content creators can keep in mind when letting their creative juices flow and how to mould that into something meaningful and impactful. Some food for thought, if you will.
So let’s dive into some helpful tips to add some BRAVEry to your next production!
Some Simple Do's & Don'ts to Keep in Mind
1. Prepping for the “Big Show”: Planning and Pre-production
- Do: Map it out. Seriously, a little bit of planning can go a long way. Sketch out a timeline, set a budget, and list down everything you need. Planning ahead to create meaningful engagement with purpose-driven content = investing time and proper resources in pre-production.
- Don't: Just wing it. Trust us, you don’t want to deal with time overruns and extra costs.
2. Know Your Crowd: Understanding Your Audience
- Do: Think about who you’re targeting through your content. What do they like? What do they want? How are they consuming content? Creating desirable content that resonates with your target audience = far better engagement and ROI.
- Don't: Forget your target audience and make content just for the sake of it. You're missing the mark if you don't know who you're targeting. Let’s be honest, it’s tough to engage the right audience with the wrong content. Creating content without considering who it's for = very poor engagement and ROI.
3. Location, Location, Location!
- Do: Select a location that complements your story and production needs. Make sure it’s easy to get to, and, you know, has the essentials like electricity and toilets. Hint, hint ;)
- Don't: Skimp on location scouting. Trust us, the wrong spot can be a real production-killer. A poor choice can disrupt shooting, increase costs, and compromise the storytelling.
4. Your Crew: Assembling the Right Team
- Do: Pick the right people. Surround yourself with cool, skilled folks. The correct expertise of the crew will drastically improve the quality of the production. Talent pays off, really.
- Don’t: Cut corners on talent. Being cheap and hiring solely based on costs will most likely jeopardise the entire production project. Skill = quality. Experience = ROI. Period.
5. The Nitty-Gritty: Equipment and Tech
- Do: Get the right equipment. Invest in some solid gear and test it out first. Use industry-standard gear for cameras, lights, graphic editing, and audio to get the best results. And don’t forget to perform extensive equipment checks, script walk-throughs, and dry runs before shooting.
- Don't: Forget your Plan B. Always have back-up options, whether it's alternative shooting locations or extra equipment. Give yourself a safety net!
6. All About That Crisp Sound: Audio Quality
- Do: Get a sound pro in the mix. Always have a dedicated audio professional on set to ensure high-quality audio.
- Don't: Underestimate and neglect the importance of good audio. Seriously, don’t. Poor audio can ruin even the most visually stunning productions.
7. Choosing the Right Narrative: Storytelling and Content
- Do: Always focus on the narrative. Keep the audience hooked with a killer story. Quality storytelling will capture and hold your audience's attention.
- Don't: Brush off feedback from your team or test audiences. Constructive feedback can make your project better and more holistic. A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone.
8. Tick-Tock: Time Management
- Do: Stick to your production schedule. If your client is part of the schedule then make sure they are aware of the repercussions of running over time. Time is money in the production world. This is much easier when you have assembled the right crew. Being on time means you're respecting everyone’s time and wallet.
- Don't: Cut corners when it comes to the final touches. Rushing through post-production to meet deadlines at the expense of quality is never a good idea.
9. The Final Cut: Post-production and Editing
- Do: Edit thoughtfully. Take your time polishing things up. Post-production is your final shot to shape the narrative, improve quality and make things truly awesome!
- Don't: Rush through the editing process. Good content begs to be watched; spending time crafting it pays off in viewer engagement. Good stuff takes time, folks.
The BIGBrave Advantage
Quality production does not have to break the bank. At BIGBrave, we're not just about creating content; we're about crafting experiences. We believe that truly engaging content doesn't just entertain—it informs and empowers. You know, the stuff that really sticks with you.
Located conveniently in the heart of Bryanston, we make your production journey a breeze. From effortless studio access to full-on production support, we’ve got your back.
By creating affordable access to our studio, we can enable all storytellers and producers to make engaging content that reaches the right audiences and provides meaningful experiences in a way that doesn’t blow the budget or reduce quality.
If you need more reasons to choose us, here they are:
- High-Quality, Value for Money: Who says premium production has to blow the budget? At BIGBrave, we offer unparalleled resources at accessible rates.
- Beyond Content Creation: We're in the business of crafting immersive experiences that not only entertain, but truly inform and empower.
- Conveniently Located in Bryanston: In the heart of the city, we're ready to turn your content dreams into reality.
- Your Vision, Our Mission: Our turnkey solutions are tailor-made to bring your vision to life, ensuring a seamless production process, every time.
- Empowering Every Storyteller: Limited budget? No problem. We offer affordable studio access so that every story gets told, and every voice gets heard.
- Built for Meetings & More: From hybrid events to direct-to-live streaming, make every meeting and event unforgettable.
- Need Guidance?: Our expert team is here to guide you through your creative journey, from start to finish.
Get in touch today and unlock the full potential of your storytelling. Let’s create some awesome stuff together!
📧 firstname.lastname@example.org 📞 010 591 1251
Ready to Elevate Your Content?
So there it is, our quick and chill guide to producing content that people will love. Reach out if you're still scratching your head about where to start. We're here to guide you through it all!
Happy creating, folks! 🌟